Sunday, June 17, 2012

Canyon Cove Resort, Nasugbu, Batangas


Last time I went to Nasugbu was 2 years ago, when our office team decided to take an overnight break there. We passed by Punta Fuego and stayed at Talisay. I’d say, Nasugbu has one of the beautiful beaches to go to, right outside the metro, private beaches, but one should prepare good budget for it.

And so this summer, the first beach I laid my feet on was on the sands of Canyon Cove, Nasugbu. I was thankful that one of our friends had a van we can rent for the weekend. Took about 3 hours from Ortigas to the resort, and we  had taken a bus, it would have taken 4 or more hours due to stopovers.

When I stepped out of the van, I can’t see any sign of any sand or beach, but I can smell the sea. At first I was a bit devastated when I saw some unfinished villas at the side of the cliff, already consumed by moss and vines. Made me think, how old is this resort?

But to my relief, we entered the building in front of the parking lot and found out that the beach was just right on the other side. The reception area was elegant, but a bit crowded; we heard there was a group holding their company outing there. Eager to feel saltwater on my skin, we checked-in at our room.


The room was excellent, clean and well maintained; studio with balcony at the 4th floor, with a gorgeous view of the whole resort and the sea. I reminded myself that this wasn’t just like any other beach resort where you’ll get a basic room with your bed and shower.  The studio room we got had a queen bed, flat TV, mini fridge, electric kettle with coffee cups, and vanity table with mirror. The bathroom was complete for me, with separate shower and bathtub, vanity kit and hairdryer. The best part was the small bed by the huge glass window facing the sea. I told myself, if I were going to design my own house, I’ll have one like that, a comfortable mini bed with great view, perfect as a reading nook.

Looking out the balcony we saw that there were a lot of people at the pool.  Canyon Cove’s popularity have grown over the years, with a day pass, complete facilities for the family and easy travel from Manila, I shouldn’t expect this to be a secluded resort.

The next day, as expected, everyone was asleep and wasted from the night party, the whole resort looked like a deserted place.


Here's the true color of the sand. 



We envy this guy for having such an easy job in a resort like this. Just clean the beach, run this about twice in the morning, and he gets to stay in this place.




No comments:

Post a Comment