Tuesday, April 17, 2012

April Vacation Leave: Off to Sorsogon

I finally got a VL approved this coming Friday, so I'm off to a long weekend to Bicol. My itinerary? Lots of pictures of Mayon Volcano, and of course, beach time and all I can do under the sun at the southern tip of Luzon.

Luckily, I got a ticket on sale for Manila to Legazpi flight from CebuPacific Air for only about Php1,3++ (around US$28-30) for a one-way fare, all inclusive(base fare+charges+taxes), compared to the usual Php 3,+++ base fare price online. If I add the Php 200 terminal fee for domestic flights, that's around Php1,500 for one-way.  I'd say this one is a good deal for someone who'd book three days before the flight date.

So why Legazpi? First, the airport there has a great view of the majestic Mayon Volcano. The last time I went there, it was raining, so no luck in getting pictures of that fiery near-perfect cone. This time I'm hoping to get really good shots. Next, I'm off to Sorsogon City (2hrs from Legazpi City) for the next 2 nights, indulge in pili nut delicacies, visit every beach I can, and just take my mind off from the stress at work. I'm also pondering about going on that side trip to Donsol(about 1-2 hrs from Sorsogon City), famous for butanding or "whale shark"sightings.

I know Sorsogon has one of the best beaches I've been to. I'd say the town of Bacon has a wide variety, there's a lot of resorts for swimming, snorkeling and diving. the type of sand also varies, grey to black volcanic sand, there's some with white fine sand like the beaches in Boracay, and there are also areas with orange to white shell and sand conglomerate type. I'll try to post as many pictures by Monday.

No comments:

Post a Comment