Sunday, April 8, 2012

Seat Sale Shopping 2012: My First Purchase

For the past months, I've been sweeping through airfare sales. Here in the Philippines, you have a lot of options, which makes it really really good. If you get to know their promo patterns, you can save a lot for your future travels.

Among the affordable airlines here in Manila are ZestAir, CebuPacific, AirPhilExpress, AirAsia, Seair and TigerAirways. In my opinion, Philippine Airlines or PAL may also fall in my affordable category only if you get chance to avail their big promos.

Most of them post discounted airfares for travel periods about 2 months ahead. Watch out for my next blog about the seat sale patterns tomorrow. Heads-up, the best discounts go for flights about 6 months ahead. You can actually get Manila to Boracay flights (one-way) for as low as Php500 or $11, compared to year-round fare of $40, which can flare up to more than $100 for a one way domestic flight. The logic is, the earlier you book, the lower the airfare.

I got my Manila to Boracay flight really cheap from CebuPacificAir. I booked the round trip ticket - Manila to Boracay(Caticlan) last January 2012 for a September trip during their sale, paid only about Php 1,100 in total(that's around $25 for a roundtrip deal!). I know September will never be like the summer months April and May, but I don't really like going to crowded beaches. Same day, I submitted my request for a 4 day vacation leave at the office(That's eight months ahead, I'll really be mad if they don't approve it).

Marked my calendar in case I forget, but who will? That's gonna be Boracay in a budget!

No comments:

Post a Comment